We have had many ask in recent months how are future plans are coming. With a future trip on the horizon we figured now would be a good time to bring everyone up to date. First of all we are still moving forth with plans to move to the Dominican Republic. We do need to sell our home in order to free us to be able to move. Once that happens we will be on our way. We are currently praying for further direction beyond that. Before we head to the DR we might go to a language school to dig into the Spanish language. Costa Rica has a school for missionaries that seems to fit our families needs. We are unsure if this is what we need to do. It would not be a cheap undertaking and would take four months to do one session. Although it seems like a good idea we want to be absolutely sure that this is what the Lord has for us.

As far as ministry in the DR there seems to be two things we keep coming back to. The first being a Discipleship Trade School. The second providing a place where other missionary families can come and get some much needed rest and refreshing. Both of these will take time and resources to bring to pass but we know that God is faithful and that if these things are from Him than we will have all we need in order to accomplish what may seem impossible.

For now we continue to move forward. Shawn and I are planning on going on a short term trip in June for two weeks(see attached letter for details). Each time we go, there is more confirmation of the future. It also give us the opportunity to connect with our friends there and to meet others that we might work with in the future. One thing we have learned from our trips is that the more people you know in the country the better. We are looking forward to what God has for us on this particular trip.

We thank you all so much for your prayers and support of our family. Below are some things that we would ask you to keep in your prayers.

We need to raise $3200 for the June trip-we hope to accomplish this by group fundraisers, our support letters, and the selling of tamales (I’ll be taking orders soon)

God’s protection for the team going in June (about 20 people)

Pray for Shawn’s parents and the kids during the two weeks we are gone

The selling of our house

Whether or not to go to a language school before moving to the DR

Clear direction for ministry

Unity of mind and purpose for our family

In this time of waiting we would not grow weary or anxious but trust in the Lord’s perfect timing.